BECOME A summer intern
Summer Interns are responsible for assisting to coordinate the on-site day-to-day logistics of the Life Skills Experience Program. Interns will be key to the implementation of the program. The Summer Internship will: introduce interns to inspiring young people; develop interactions with families, staff and other constituents of First Tee Greater Miami Valley; exposure to all elements of a thriving, growing, and successful nonprofit in the Greater Miami Valley area. Note: no golf experience is required.
- Available May through August, lengths will vary.
- 15-20 Hours Per Week
- Golf Courses in Butler, Montgomery, or Warren County
- Virtual Office
- Upon hiring, 1-2 initial training sessions with Program Director
- Weekly updates and reports to Director of Programming & Outreach
- Strong work ethic, communication skills, flexible, organized, enthusiastic, and proactive.
- Applicants should be of good character and reputation.
- Have a desire to carry out the mission of First Tee by mentoring youth.
- Enthusiasm for an active lifestyle and a passion for using sports to teach children values is a must!
- High School Graduate.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Handling daily check-in and check-out process at the Life Skills Experience programming.
- Updating rosters, equipment lists, and emergency contact lists—as needed.
- Direct supervision of a group in the Life Skills Experience programming.
- Assists Head Coaches with daily set-up and tear-down.
- Assists with delivery of curriculum and appropriate activities during programming.
- Assists Head Coach with any communication among participants, parents, and volunteers.
- Coordinates certification process for participants.
- Shows initiative and works effectively with Head Coaches, volunteers, and other golf course facility staff.
- Understands and applies procedures and practices of First Tee of Greater Miami Valley and ensures a safe environment at all times.
Email a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
*All candidates are subject to a background check.
LEARN MORE ABOUT Intern OPPORTUNITiES
For more information on getting involved as an intern, contact Wendy Mockabee, Director of Programming & Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937.974.8115.